Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's Official (again)


Aaron proposed last night :) It was perfect. Here's the story:

He told me that we were going to go out for dinner, but didn't say much else about it. Me, being the unobservant dork that I am, had no idea that anything was up. When it was time to get ready to go though, he was getting pretty dressed up for an 80 degree night in the humid tropics. So I put on a dress (that I made him pick out so I'd know how dressed up to be) and tried to curl my hair, which went flat before we even walked out the door. Oh, well. Still, I didn't really think anything was out of the ordinary.

He arranged for a Mercedes taxi to pick us up. Yeah, they have Mercedes taxis here, insane, I know. This is when my slow brain caught up and I began to suspect that something was up. Aaron was really quiet the entire car ride and wouldn't tell me where we were going.

The car drove us up this windy road to the top of a large hill and to a restaurant called "The Jewel Box". It was gorgeous. There were flowers and vines decorating the whole restaurant which had an amazing view of Singapore. I thought we were eating in the restaurant, but Aaron led me to a patio and told me to wait there. When he returned, he led me to a side room of the restaurant. I was really confused at this point.

As we walked into the room, I was stunned. We were having dinner in a cable car that would overlook the island of Singapore. I think my jaw was on the floor for about 15 minutes. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen/done. The view was amazing. Aaron just kept laughing at me while I acted like a little kid at Disneyland.

We didn't even get passed the salad course before he proposed. It was the sweetest, most perfect thing I could have ever imagined. I didn't cry, but geez -- I wanted to.

The ring is gorgeous, I can't stop looking at it. Yeah, I've totally turned into one of "those" girls.

3 comments:

Cori said...

Honestly, have I taught you nothing? You didn't even get a manicure in the event of a possible proposal? :) Kidding. Love you, love the ring, glad it's "official" again.

Cori said...

I just saw that I'm linked under "my bitches". I love it!

Megan said...

yeah, I thought it was funny. it took me a good thirty minutes to figure out how to do and that's only because Aaron got on and did it. About the manicure, I know. I'm so dense though, I didn't realize it was going to happen on the second day other wise those nails would've been flawless. oh, well.