Sunday, August 10, 2008

I heart chicken strips

Aaron and I are on a quest to find the best way to bread and fry chicken strips. In Singapore, the strips are pretty sub-par. Last night, we used our fancy new fryer from Myrna (thanks Myrna!) and made what we both agreed are our best yet. I'd compare them to Applebee's. The last time we made them, we concocted a batter like Chili's chicken strips (my Sis's fave). They were good, but a little greasy. However, despite the fact that the ones last night were good...I'd still like to figure out how to get the really crispy and crunchy ones that they serve in most restaurants. If anyone has any tips, please let me know. I'm also going to get working on a homemade honey mustard sauce. Martha would be proud.

2 comments:

Cori said...

I'm extremely impressed that you're eating vegetables. I'll be on the lookout for a good recipe for you. What's your fryer like? I keep thinking I should get one because the baked chicken strips don't taste as good, although definitely healthier.

Megan said...

It's a cuisinart one and it's really great. It's got a charcoal filter on the top so your house doesn't reek like a fryer. We can only do fried every once in a while and the veggies were there to counteract the fat we were eating :)